- WEEK 1 (Apr 23): Why pray liturgically? (AUDIO / HANDOUTS)
- WEEK 2 (May 7): BCP History & Morning Prayer (AUDIO / HANDOUTS)
- WEEK 3 (May 21): Praying Morning Prayer and Q&A (AUDIO / HANDOUTS)
Have you ever wondered what all this “liturgy stuff” we do is all about? Have you ever wanted to learn how to actually use the Book of Common Prayer?
Starting Sunday April 23 at 9am, Fr. Ben will lead a 4-week class on Worshiping and Praying with the Book of Common Prayer (BCP). Classes will take place in the Parlor on Sunday mornings at 9am. Here’s an approximate outline of the topics to be covered:
- April 23: Why pray liturgically? (It’s more than aesthetic preference)
- April 30: History and overview of the BCP (It’s not just because Henry VIII wanted a divorce)
- May 7: How to pray every day (Walking through the Daily Prayer liturgies)
- May 14: How we worship on Sundays (Walking through the Holy Eucharist liturgy)
If you plan to attend, please email Ben (firstname.lastname@example.org) to RSVP. If you would need childcare, make sure to mention this in your email.
You don’t need to have your own copy of the BCP to participate (we have several in the pews of the Chapel), but if you’d like to purchase a copy, make sure you get the 1979 Book of Common Prayer. Here are a few options that would work: