While the pandemic continues, whenever the weather is warm and dry enough we will gather on Sunday for outdoor worship at our building (3535 Kessler Blvd E Dr, Indy). We are also live streaming the gathering for those unable to join us.
If you plan to join us for worship, please keep in mind these 4 things:
- You’ll need to bring your own lawn chairs, blankets, umbrellas, etc. We’ll be worshiping on the lawn on the south side of the building.
- You’ll need to practice social distancing. Keep 6 feet of distance between you(r family) and others at all times.
- Everyone over 4 years old must wear a face mask the whole time while we are worshiping together.
- If you have kids, please read this important message from our Kids Coordinator Ryan Donoho.
Here are a few more details about how we will worship together:
- Paper worship booklets will be available on a table, but won’t be handed out. The liturgy will also be available on our website and accessible on your mobile device.
- Hand sanitizer will be available to use when you first arrive, and when you come forward for communion.
- Speaking of communion… we will be making Eucharist during this worship gathering, but will employ several modifications to make this as safe as possible:
- The elements will be placed on the altar before the service by someone who has just washed and sanitized their hands.
- The Celebrant (along with everyone else) will wear be wearing a mask the entire time, and will stand 6 feet away from the altar while praying, only approaching briefly to break the consecrated Bread and present the elements to the congregation.
- The Celebrant will briefly remove his mask to consume the elements, and after replacing his mask, will once again sanitize his hands before the Ministration of the Elements.
- To receive communion, you’ll be directed to form a socially-distant line and as you approach the Celebrant (with your mask on and palms open), the Celebrant will place the Bread into your open palm without touching it (no words will be exchanged). Then please move to the side, and once your are 6 feet away, you may remove your mask briefly to consume the Bread, and then replace your mask.
- Also, please know that if you are uncomfortable receiving communion in this way, you may refrain from partaking at this time.
- Finally, if you or a member in your immediate family test positive for Covid-19 we ask that you inform a member of our staff or Vestry so that we can work with you to identify others in our community who might have been exposed. It’s important for us to know this information so that we can work together to keep our community safe.
If the weather is too cold or wet, we’ll meet for worship indoors or on Zoom, depending on the positivity rate in Marion County (details here), and we’ll announce this on the main page of our website by 9am on Sunday.