After 5 months worshiping on Zoom, we are switching things up this month! As the first step in a new way of gathering for worship this fall, we are planning an all-church outdoor worship gathering on Sunday August 16 at 11:15am at the church building we share with Spirit of Joy: 3535 Kessler Blvd E Dr, Indianapolis.
If you plan to join us, please keep in mind these 4 things:
- You’ll need to bring your own lawn chairs, blankets, umbrellas, etc. We’ll be worshiping on the lawn on the south side of the building.
- You’ll need to practice social distancing. Keep 6 feet of distance between you(r family) and others at all times.
- Everyone over 4 years old must wear a face mask the whole time while we are worshiping together.
- If you have kids, please read this important message from our Kids Coordinator Ryan Donoho.
Here are a few more details about how we will worship together:
- Paper worship booklets will be available on a table, but won’t be handed out. The liturgy will also be available on our website and accessible on your mobile device.
- Hand sanitizer will be available to use when you first arrive, and when you come forward for communion.
- Speaking of communion… we will be making Eucharist during this worship gathering, but will employ several modifications to make this as safe as possible:
- The elements will be placed on the altar before the service by someone who has just washed and sanitized their hands.
- The Celebrant (along with everyone else) will wear be wearing a mask the entire time, and will stand 6 feet away from the altar while praying, only approaching briefly to break the consecrated Bread and present the elements to the congregation.
- The Celebrant will briefly remove his mask to consume the elements, and after replacing his mask, will once again sanitize his hands before the Ministration of the Elements.
- To receive communion, you’ll be directed to form a socially-distant line and as you approach the Celebrant (with your mask on and palms open), the Celebrant will place the Bread into your open palm without touching it (no words will be exchanged). Then please move to the side, and once your are 6 feet away, you may remove your mask briefly to consume the Bread, and then replace your mask.
- Also, please know that because of these unprecedented times, if you are uncomfortable receiving communion in this way, you may bring pre-consecrated elements from home to partake, or partake in Spiritual Communion at this time.
This worship gathering will also be live-streamed for those who are unable to join us in-person.
This worship gathering will kick off a new way of worshiping together in-person this fall. We are still discerning the best way forward, so watch for more info coming soon on how we will gather for worship for the remainder of the fall.