At The Table, the main way we learn to embody being the Body of Christ together is through DNA Groups.
A new round of DNA Groups is starting in September, and the deadline to sign up is Sunday, August 30. To sign up, just email Mallory and let her know you’re interested.
To find out a bit more about DNA Groups, read on…
1. What’s a DNA Group?
A DNA Group is our primary environment for discipleship (being with Jesus to learn from Jesus how to be like Jesus, together). In DNA Groups, we learn to pay attention to how God is at work in our lives, and surrender to him in concrete, practical ways in our everyday, ordinary lives.
A DNA Groups is where we learn how to actually live as if these things are true:
- That God is always present and at work,
- That God is just like Jesus,
- That God meets us in our actual lives,
- That God cares about all of it more than we do.
2. Why would I want to be in a DNA Group?
You’ll want to make time to participate in a DNA Group if:
- You have a desire for your faith to become less of an idea you agree with and more of a life you live,
- You want to learn how to actually discern what God is doing and saying in your life,
- You want a more consistent awareness of God’s presence in your life,
- You want to learn to actually live by grace.
Be aware, too, that this is a fairly rigorous process. It will require time and effort and vulnerability. But it has the potential to radically transform your life (I’m serious about that).
3. How do get into a DNA Group?
So if you want to be in a DNA Group this fall, email Mallory and let her know.